Canvas Support Home
A message from The Faculty Center on Wednesday, August 8th
Date sent: Wednesday, August 8th, 2018
Subject: Get help during your Canvas transition.
We continue to make progress in our transition to Canvas! We look forward to supporting you and the entire SSU community in the coming semesters.
A number of changes in Canvas are now active for faculty:
- All Faculty & Students are enrolled in self-paced training courses for Canvas to help you get up to speed with the platform.
- Legacy courses from Moodle have been migrated from the last two years (2016-17 and 2017-18). These are available ONLY to instructors of record and contain no student information from previous terms. These are available upon request.
- Course shells have been created for all Fall 2018 courses, so please use these if you are planning on teaching in Canvas this Fall.
- Sandboxes for faculty to use in testing are also now available. Additional sandboxes are available upon request.
- The new Faculty Center website (https://facultycenter.sonoma.edu) has launched and points toward the full list of fall workshops and support options.
While faculty and staff are encouraged to become familiar with Canvas as soon as possible...read more.
Transition Timeline Summary
Status of Moodle Courses During the Transition Period:
Moodle A/Current Courses (Summer 2018, Fall 2018, Winter 2019, Spring 2019) will remain available for instruction through Spring 2019
Moodle C/Archive Courses (Summer 2017, Fall 2017, Winter 2018, Spring 2018) are available to faculty for reference online through Spring 2019
At the conclusion of the Spring 2019 semester (May 2019), all courses will be moved offline and available as archives upon request