Jump to content
Canvas for Students
This page will have answers to frequently asked questions asked by Sonoma State students.
*Please review this page before sending any messages.*
Getting Started with Canvas as a Student
- Q: How do I log into Canvas?
- Navigate and log in to SSU Online Services, https://sonoma.edu
- Click on the Canvas link (https://sonoma.instructure.com)
- Use a Chrome or Firefox browser for best functionality
- Enter your SSU login credentials (username and password)
- Q: How do I access my course in Canvas?
- Once you login you will be directed to the Canvas Dashboard
- Select your course by clicking on the course title
- This will navigate you to the course home page and content
- Q: How do I learn more about navigating Canvas?
- Begin by watching this 6-minute Canvas Overview Video for students
- Video Guides are available for any topic you would like to view
- Written Guides are available for any topic you would like to view and provide step-by-step instructions with screenshots
- Q: Who do I contact with questions about Canvas?
- For login challenges, contact IT Help Desk (Schulz 1001, 707-664-4357, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 24-hour Canvas Student Support 833-263-0709
- Q: Will I see all of my courses in Canvas?
- No, most students participating in the Summer 2018 extended Canvas pilotwill only see one course in Canvas. Navigate to Moodle for the remainder of your courses